short film reviews, criticism, and occasional musing.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Disturbia (2007, USA)

It was a very David Morse weekend. 12 Monkeys on Friday, The Rock on Saturday, and on Sunday, Disturbia. I love David Morse, but I hate to see him doing such rote crap. D.J Caruso is a hack, and this movie was such an unthrilling thriller that I actually paused it at a critical moment so that I could go make myself some dinner. It fails even on the "boo" fright level. Pretty much everything about the plot is conventional, and there's never ANY doubt as to whether Morse's character is a psycho killer. Shia LaBeouf had a bang-up summer at the box office, but if he keeps doing crap like this and Transformers (and at this rate, why wouldn't he?), I think he's destined to become the next Seann William Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home